I admit I (mostly) like bolts to be bomber

BIGONES

After reading several of the forums on this site, I have to agree with my friend (or was it my mom?) who said that spending any time at cascadeclimbers.com is like sitting next to a crazy person on a bus and listening to them talk to themselves. Nonetheless, I wish to offer a comment on the inflammatory subject of bolting. Jeff Lowe once said "I don't think most people care whether bolts are place on lead or rappel as long as they're placed well." And I have to agree. The only thing worse than clipping the proverbial "old, manky, rusty quarter incher" is clipping a "modern" bolt that's been botched. Like mom always said, "Whatever goes in your hole should be properly placed and of the best quality." To that end, I thought I'd offer a couple excellent resources for perusal and consideration.

"Sport Climbs, a primer" by Eric Hirst

"An Unofficial Bolting Guide" by - Nic Hellyer

A note of caution: If you've been spending all your time reading misspelled, grammatically challenged and juvenile one to two line replies then it might be difficult to read the above articles.

[This message has been edited by BIGONES (edited 10-16-2001).]

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

I like reading Hustler better than articles about bolting. How do I post pictures to this board?

Use and with the url address in between. Be sure to post some pictures of moondancing for us all. I'm sure that, in the interest of all the "mostly-anti-bolt-gone-moondance-intriguer" sprayermasters, Jon wouldn't be so suppressive as to censor that... right, Jon?