Trail Park Pass

Terminal_Gravity

I tried the bogus note about just parking to carpool on my dash trick. It worked! No Ticket - and other cars had them.

The trail head I use most often is about 1/2 from the national Forest boundry. There is a spur trail off the main one before the boundry. It seems that even if a ranger catches me with a rack jangleing coming back to my car all I have to do is say that I never went into the National Forest and I couldn't be ticketed.

Any thoughts on that?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a lawyer to figure out the details here. If your car gets the ticket, who is legally responsible? What if your roommate borrows your car and doesn't use the pass? If you go to court, can they prove that you were parked there to use the National Forest? How about a big sign on the dash that says "IN TOW."

Jon, I thought that you were going to move these posts to the new access board.

I talked to the head dudette for the national forest in our area and she said that the "tickets" that they litter our cars with are just invitations to pay and if a person throws them away they never follow up on it. She seemed kind of embarassed about the program and changed the subject and had another beer.