Glacier Peak July 8-12

xernrek

I am looking for interested climbers to attempt Glacier Peak around the 8-9-10-11-12 of July. North Sauk River approach. Disappointment Peak or Cool Glacier Routes. The first American to climb Mt Everest without oxygen said the views from Glacier Peak are among the best in the world. He would know.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest 10-day forecast for Darrington indicates very good weather for an attempt at Glacier Peak. The views will be great, the crowds will be small, Almost all the people who said they could go are no longer able. I'm almost 50 and don't know if I can get another crack at this. Who's up for a wilderness climb?

Jim

jimc@willapabay.org

My intention at this point, is to drive to the NF Sauk TH tomorrow night, hit the trail on Saturday dark and early and go as far as I can. Will head for the gap, definitely past the pass.

Climb Sunday and get the hell outta there. If I totally overestimate my capabilities, I can stay an extra day.

Would love to say hi if someone is going to be in the area.