2 CLIMBERS MISSING ON MT. BAKER

JERRY_SANCHEZ

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ray, scott, quit your belly aching - what a couple softies the both of you are. people have free choice and the can choose to climb or not to climb - sometimes those people pay for their decisions with their lives - if you want to get all upset oversomething, look at old mikeadam (a few posts above) who is so occupied with his ego that he sactions their getting lost to their inexperience.

The who cares post is an absolute embarrasment to climbers. However, I would ask that the website managers NOT remove it, but rather have all of us recognize that these sorts of uncaring people are in fact out there in the climbing world.

I have seen climbers pitch in and help each other when the going gets tough, and I've seen them ignore others in need so that they can focus on their own summit plans or whatever. I'm glad we get to see the "who cares" post, for it represents a reality that many people out there are climbing for themselves, and don't give a damn about others. Good to remember that, I think.

Best of luck to the folks involved in the search and rescue, and to the missing climbers.