Anyone built a Bachar Ladder?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend and I built one a while ago. Put the rungs closer together then you think if you use old dynamic rope.

Good way to develop elbow issues, never used it enough to see any gains from it.

Front lever training seems like it works a lot of the same muscle groups.

i've heard the key to lessening your elbow strain is to use static cord. never used one so that's about all i know.

will second the ring workouts. so good for core. hadn't done one in about a year and finally got my homemade rings up this week, did one workout, and felt immediate results.

Interesting stuff. I have access to rings and am thinking about building the ladder for more of a forearm endurance workout on rainy days or when I cant get to the crag. It seems like the level of core workout can be adjusted by many factors on the ladder such as the angle, if you use your feet, speed, and more things I am probably forgetting. So it wouldn't necessarily be a core only setup.

It seems like you could work some endurance with the right diameter dowels. I'm not looking to work specific finger flexors but more the gross upper body fibers involved in keeping ones body stable during climbing like moves. Also, lock off strength is something I could train better so it sounds good in that regard.

It seems like you could work some endurance with the right diameter dowels. I'm not looking to work specific finger flexors but more the gross upper body fibers involved in keeping ones body stable during climbing like moves. Also, lock off strength is something I could train better so it sounds good in that regard.

If you have identified those muscles as your week point then go for it. I'm just saying that you could probably make bigger gains, with less risk of injury, with other tools.

Grabbing small dowels is nothing like grabbing small holds. Grabbing big dowels (like pipe) might be kinda like grabbing slopers but i think the ladder would move around too much to really simulate slopers....a bachar ladder out of 3 inch pipe would be pretty cool though.

What ever you do work into it slowly do plenty of opposition (push ups, hand stands, triceps presses, yoga), don't down climb the thing and lay off it as soon as you feel your elbows start to tweak.

Edited by ryanb