PETZL spare parts not available in the US

YocumRidge

Just got off the phone with the Petzl warranty department and am very frustrated.

Here is the deal. I have a Petzl Vizion faceshield attached to my helmet. When the helmet was strapped to the outside of my pack on the long approach, the plexiglass part fell off. Those who own Vizion know the connection to the knobs is very poorly made and one does not need to be a genius to loose it.

Vizion has a 3 year warranty, but the replacement part is only available in Europe. So, I was given a $20 credit (with $30 out of pocket) towards the purchase of a brand new whole unit.

I have some concerns whether it is supposed to be handled this way and am curious what is your guys experience with this kind of situations.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Petzl gave you the wholesale/dealer price on the replacement Visor kit. As good or better than what most companies normally do.

If the visor is installed and attached properly (not all that easy imo) they don't fall off unless you break them.

I've been packing one (visor on my Meteor) around most of the winter but inside my pack and inside a (bigger) helmet bag. I expected to break the visor (and maybe the Meteor) every trip. This time of year I don't use the visor and won't again till late Nov.

I'm not generally that anal about taking care of my gear but the Petzl visor obviously isn't the most durable piece of gear by design or required funtion. Loose one and I'd call it operator error, no warrenty would apply.

Just my 2 cents.