[TR] Mt. Hood - White River Canyon 1/17/2010

ARob

Trip: Mt. Hood - White River Canyon

Date: 1/17/2010

Trip Report:

I was thinking about doing the Timberline to White River Sno Park shuttle, but the Timberline parking lot was full and I had the dogs and all, so we headed over to White River. A wintry mix turned to fatty flakes as we cut through the crowds of sledders and snowshoers and finally left the crowd in the upper canyon. It's pretty flat, but it was just good to get out.

The snow was pretty sticky, but it was coming down. It was rain when I got back to the lot at the end of the day though. I did release a creeper slide when I was heading down the on one of the few good aspects. It moved really slow but the snow was so heavy that I was glad to avoid getting caught in it.

It was nice getting on the ridge and being all alone in the fog with nothing but untouched powder (albeit wet powder) all around.

No photos, it was pretty foggy. Just watch out for slides out there.

Gear Notes:

AT Skis, gore tex

Approach Notes:

Drive like you are going to Meadows and you pass by it on your left about five minutes before getting to Meadows after you pass the Barlow Sno Park.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic