• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Slide

Need directions to Fossil Rock

I'm new to climbing the Ft. Lewis area and heard about Fossil Rock in Yelm. Couldn't find directions anywhere on the web. Would anyone be kind enough to help me out?

From Yelm on 507 turn on bald hill rd drive past clear lake .6 of a mile to intersection of weyerheauser logging rd # 1000 gate #202 park here do not block rd or gate do not drive in after going through gate#202 go 1.7 mile to 1190 rd go right uphill 1 mile dead end view of Rainer ,trail and Tomahawk Tower.

Guide can be obtained from backpackers supply Tocoma.Has rep of being choss.

[This message has been edited by LUCKY (edited 05-07-2001).]

Be sure to lock your bike if you ride in. I lost one to thieves a few years back. Its not all bad, kind of an outdoor gym.

cool, thanks. I'll prolly ride my nasty beat up trek in. Used to leave it unlocked around Portland and not have it stolen. It's amazing what a few wrecks and a handful of stickers can do to lower the aesthetics of a bike smile.gif

Thought I'd give you a heads up-- I went to Fossil Rock last weekend and came home to find a tick crawling up my leg and another with its head burrowed in my butt cheek. Be careful!

From Yelm on 507 turn on bald hill rd drive past clear lake .6 of a mile to intersection of weyerheauser logging rd # 1000 gate #202 park here do not block rd or gate do not drive in after going through gate#202 go 1.7 mile to 1190 rd go right uphill 1 mile dead end view of Rainer ,trail and Tomahawk Tower.

Guide can be obtained from backpackers supply Tocoma.Has rep of being choss.