BD Cyborg Pro Step-In crampons

kevin trieu

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty evident that these we're um... let's say inspired by the G14. Very similar design. I've used both and think that these perform as well as the G14. Two +'s for the Cyborgs are the rake points and cheap front points. Grivels run $40 for replacement front points, BD $10-15.

These are both semi-rigid crampons so approaches are fine.

they work great. The big secondary points work well for support on steep ice, but are noticeable on hard pack/icy approaches. Most crampons that are geared for low angle walking have a rocker design, so to speak, in the length of the forefoot points to facilitate easier walking. The Cyborgs don't, but that's because they are designed to be optimal on steep ice.

These work better than expected on moderate/flat terrain. I used them the entire way from I-Rock saddle to the top of the Reid headwall last week and had absolutely no problems with them, including for traversing/wallowing. And of course they are baller on the steep stuff.