Mont-Bell Jackets

Pilchuck71

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've tried them on side by side at the store. I liked the compressor quite a bit better. The Thermawrap's hood was pretty tight around a smaller helmet, and the sleeves were pretty tight around my wimpy forearms. Compressor has fleece lined pockets. Also, there is a lot less stitching on the shell of the compressor - less places for snow to stick and get wet. I couldn't tell if there was any weight difference holding them side by side. I was pretty set on buying the thermawrap when I went in, but going for the compressor wasn't a though choice.

Both those jackets could be used similarly but the Compressor is definitely the warmer and heavier choice. The Thermawrap is 12.8 oz whereas the Compressor is 19oz. The Thermawrap uses 80gm/m^2 of Exceloft fill (basically Mont-bell's own version of Primaloft). Both jackets use 15D nylon for shell material so one can assume that the weight difference is primarily in amount of fill - the rest of it being in the extra(neous) fleece in the Compressor.