Want a mini traxion

RICHARD_CILLEY

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Big aid falls onto the anchors was kind of the warm up for abseiling over a roof as one strand popped through the biner brake leaving you suspended a foot from the end of the other strand.That story and my excitement over the near future possesion of a mini traxion made it difficult to fall asleep.By the way, why do I need 2?Is one just a backup?

Yah, all those ghastly experiences that we had oh so long ago kind of blend together during a time when many of our friends weren't so lucky.

Check out this link. Scroll down to the picture of Kauk (in the red shirt).

http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.html?topic_id=502897&tn=20

That's how it's done. The upper Traxion is there to take your weight and the lower one is for backup. When you get a long way off the ground, you don't want to find yourself with just one Traxion between you and dirt. I've been mini-traxioning a lot lately and it's a pretty cool way to get in some vert without having to wait for a partner.

BTW-when are you thinking of coming to The Trench? I've been going there a lot lately-trying to get in shape for something big......

The Trench,Just waiting for someone to swing by and pick me up

That sounds like a metaphor for something. When I figure out what for, I'll let you know.

BTW, Richard, I use a static line for mini-traxioning. That way, if you're doing something really hard, you don't have to barely not-do the crux over and over again due to rope stretch. Also, I use a Petzl stop for rappelling a single static line. Single static ropes rappel kind of funky with ATC's or regular belaying devices.

--

The Trench,Just waiting for someone to swing by and pick me up

That sounds like a metaphor for something. When I figure out what for, I'll let you know.

BTW, Richard, I use a static line for mini-traxioning. That way, if you're doing something really hard, you don't have to barely not-do the crux over and over again due to rope stretch. Also, I use a Petzl stop for rappelling a single static line. Single static ropes rappel kind of funky with ATC's or regular belaying devices.

--

I don't think Cilly, who's trolling for a discounted Mini Trax, is going to be paying the $115 for a Stop....jus' sayin'

:tup: for Clubfoot.