Mammut Mamook

Peak13

I'm about ready to purchase the new Mamook's for my cascade climbs - and going to pair them with some BD Sabretooths.

Has anyone had any experience with this boot? I know it's fairly new (they fit my feet really well - medium/wide foot), but I was hoping to get a bit of feedback/suggestions before I picked em up...

Cheers.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Mammut have taken over the boot production of Raichle. Thanks for the link - however I was drawn to the Mamook because it is considerably lighter than past/similar Raichle models.

I prefer lightness for my huge-ass size 13's :)

Has anyone used these boots???

Maybe I'll just go buy them and let you all know how they work on Adams this week...

If you haven't made up your mind yet I like to suggest the Garmont Epic Karbo GTX. They are currently on sale at Mountaingear for a smokin good deal.

http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/product/product.asp/imanf/Garmont/idesc/Epic+Karbo+GTX+Hiking+Boot+-+Men%27s/Store/MG/item/114375/N/0

I've had a pair for the last couple years and have found them to be one size smaller than advertised. Carbon fiber shank means no give and a little unforgiving on the approach. Otherwise they have been great for ice climbing, Rainier, and Hood. :)

the boys at Second Ascent love them...they're a Raichle design so you cant really go wrong...reason they are lighter: more synthetic material and a carbon shank...might be a bit warm for summers in the Cascades but that can be alleviated with a change of socks...Altrec.com carries them and has a similar return policy to REI so if they fall apart in a season you can prob return them but knowing Mammut I doubt that will happen!