Anyone know the Christian group at WY Cirque 8/09?

wfinley

I've been holding this in for a while... almost a year in fact. I finally gave up hope last week thus I'm penning a request for help in tracking down this group.

Last year I went to the Cirque of Towers and did some awesome climbing. We were there for close to a week --- and on the last day a party came in and set up camp near us. They were a group of climbers who were just off some tour - Climbers for Christ (or something similar) and were in for a week of cragging before heading back home.

The group was very friendly and as we were leaving one of the guys came over and explained to me that he had left his rain jacket & pants in the car and wondered if he could borrow mine and mail it back to me. I was happy to lend him my jacket / pants -- knowing that the 20 miles hike back to the car would suck and also knowing that they would encounter rain on the routes. I gave him the jacket / pants (Marmot Precip and fairly new) along with my address.

Anyways.... as you can guess. I never got my jacket and pants back -- and I had to shell out $200 to replace them. Maybe the guy lost my address... maybe he lost the jacket - I don't know.

So if anyone knows a Christian group who went into the Cirque last year please tell them to get in touch. There were 4 people and they were from either Philly or Pittsburgh and included a bald guy, a woman with long brown hair -- and a guy in his late 20s with long red hair (he's the one who took my jacket).

Thanks for reading.

Edited by wfinley

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so quick to judge. Maybe he lost your info and couldn't find you. Anyway, the group may be the Solid Rock Climbers for Christ, who can be contacted at http://www.srcfc.org/. Look for Contacts. I'm sure they'll make good.

Waiting a year before posting a message in the off hopes that someone who knows them may read the message does not make me "quick to judge". Thanks for the link; I'll shoot them an email.