• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
superB

anyone done the AAI 6 day baker course?

What are you looking to get out of it? There has got to be several people on this board who actually taught the course. (self included)

I like to think it is a worthwhile course but it depends on where you are starting and what you want to learn. If you have no experience with alpine or glaciated mtn climbing then it is very worthwhile.

thats where i am. im a flatlander and get 1 maybe two weeks in the mountains a year, mostly weeklong scrambling trips, always in the summer. i am hoping this will allow us to do future glacier or winter travel unguided.

I did AAI's 6 day north cascades trip back in 1999. Part of it was having excellent instructors (which could vary even within the same company), but it was a very valuable experience and made me feel comfortable going into the mountains, crossing glaciers, etc. - the nuts and bolts you need to start doing more technical routes. I always recommend doing one of these courses for the beginners.

I did the AAI 6 day ice climbing class on Baker back in...1991? I had the privilege of learning lots of cool stuff from Alan Kearney, with just one other customer. Worth the $ for sure.

The Spokane Mountaineers climbing school is very good for noobs also. But you have to be a member and it takes a lot of commitment. As it should be.