Package deal: 2 labs need home

rmncwrtr

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This might not be accurate as I got the same message from a friend on Facebook, with the exact same story, a few days later this message came thru;

After some research, it was determined that the two labs dogs needing homes is a very old e mail that has been circulating around for the past couple of years. The original was from California, the dogs were placed in a home together and they are happy.

Other good news, this generated enough conversation that Kathleen Merryman, from the News Tribune, is doing a piece on the challenges faced by people with pets in this economic crises. It will feature the work of many of the local organizations that provide services to these folks, including Dugan Foundation.

Maybe it is also a message that we should post a pet of the week on Facebook, what do you think? It would be a legitimate pet that needed help from one of the area rescues or shelters. Thanks for your help and interest in helping these great dogs.

Julie Dugan, Vice President, Dugan Foundation

The Dugan Foundation

Thanks for letting me know! I should have snoped this. Sorry.

We were at the Humane Society two weeks ago for a tour and just in the few minutes we were standing outside waiting we saw people driving up to drop off their dogs. It was heartbreaking so this email really tugged on the old heartstrings.

Thanks for letting me know! I should have snoped this. Sorry.

We were at the Humane Society two weeks ago for a tour and just in the few minutes we were standing outside waiting we saw people driving up to drop off their dogs. It was heartbreaking so this email really tugged on the old heartstrings.

OMG I totally know, I hate going anywhere near the pound and I look on those dropping off their animals with contempt, lazy humans with no respect for beings under their care.

I wish we had more room for more dogs :( but 2 is around our limit atm.

Are you all looking for a second dog now? A little companion for your buddy?

Are you all looking for a second dog now? A little companion for your buddy?

We were there for a field trip. No second dog for us. Ours is happy being the only one in the house. That's one of the reasons her original owner gave her up. She needs a lot of attention. She plays well with others at the dog park, but likes being on her own at home. Add in the kids and three spoiled cats, and I've got my hands full. One more doggy might push me over the edge :) Though the kids surprised me at the Humane Society by pulling out enough money from their pockets to adopt a little black kitten. A phone call to dad put an end to that!