Abiel--give her some time...

NoahT

For some reason I keep getting an "error creating thumbnail. Error code 1" when I try to post some pics. So...either someone can problem solve that one, or you'll just have to accept a little text.

We waded up to Abiel on Sunday. Wanted to test our mettle a bit in the cool conditions. She's definitely got some ice forming, but the established routes aren't there yet. We climbed a pitch up the main couloir on a mix of snice and turf. All good fun. The approach was sweet with mostly waist deep drifts above the lake. It took us 5.5 hrs to get up there...woah!

My PSA for the season: Get your car ready for winter...! The truck greeted us with at the end of the day with some ultra corroded battery terminals and wouldn't start. We got a jump from a friend from North Bend, but were mostly thankful that it didn't happen a month ago up around Eldorado. Could have been a two day affair instead of a 1/2 hour...phew.

And it could have just as easily been my car Brian, so no worries :tup: .

Here's to a good season,

Noah

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic