[TR] Mt. Hood - South Side 11/18/2008

Lucky Larry

Trip: Mt. Hood - South Side

Date: 11/18/2008

Trip Report:

Well, I made it to the schund before a headache, bad gas(a can o'pork and beans earlier that day)and vertigo while in a momentary white out shut me down. Plus, I should have pulled out the tools before heading up around crater rock. I had a momentary freakout in a passing white out that gave me vertigo with only my treking poles in hand. Trust me; there was no casual cow trail that has always been there in the past for me to hike up. This was the first time I have tried it this time of year and it was awesome. Perfect neve with a few patches of ice. The best cramponing I have ever done. In spite of not making the summit it was still great.

My apoligise to the two gus from Seattle. If the sun had come out while you guys where still up there it could have got really ugly and I did not want that on my conscience. P.S. Ivan your right; it is always more fun with two tools and I will always recommend it to everyone else too.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he had fun up there but not as much fun as he had yesterday while climbing the Beacon in howling wind and rain with Dave and I.

BTW that's my cord and biner on the anchor of YW top of P3. I guess I don't really need it back but if you're looking for its owner (previous)....

Edited by geoff