Democrats trying to scare America

mattp

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mattp, Coming back to something you mentioned earlier, I think we do need to appreciate when the veracity of questionable stories is publicly criticized, even by competing news sources. I have been seeing a lot more of this lately, naturally because it is shitflinging season. I guess this "fact checking" itself can be biased, but at least it is less likely to be as virulent and sensationalized as the wild stories that inspire it. The effect of this I think is that I have a hard time seeing a news network with a well-established reputation for falsehood and dishonesty remaining competitive as a serious news source.

Or maybe you just have to fight the wildfire with little white matches, maybe write some letters to the biggest advertisers for a certain news network, saying how appalled you are to find out that their expensive partner is fabricating information, and how you don't know how you could possibly allow yourself or your family to tune in ever again.

Didn't those Republican Watergate burglars pose as plumbers to get in?

No. They were called plumbers because their mission was to plug the leaks of classified information, primarily leaks such as the Pentagon Papers (http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1871.html ).

I think it was particularly telling that Daniel Ellsberg said the documents [Pentagon Papers] "demonstrated unconstitutional behavior by a succession of presidents, the violation of their oath and the violation of the oath of every one of their subordinates".

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_Papers

In this generation, the Joe Wilson/Valerie Plame affair is similar but this time the whistleblowers were basically ignored. Have things changed so much that an administration in power is beyond reproach?

[video:youtube]sL9xwcIDlvw

[video:youtube]z0oxr-jGOsY

Edited by STP