south wilmans spire

vinemaple

I am looking for beta on the route to the south wilmans spire from the Monte Cristo townsite. I have followed the ridge straight up from town to the base of the cliffs mentioned in the cag. Beckey says to look for a break in the cliff band to access the upper slope. I have gone to the left and did not see any good route, I then went over to the "Count" to check out the variation mentioned in the book that was not verified. Has any one tried this route or any others to gaine the upper slope?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come down from the spires on the route you ask.

I cannot remember if we came directly over point 6233 and followed the NW ridgeline directly down to the old townsite.

But here is what I remember being a little snippet:

1)lots of blueberry bushes on the way up

2)I remember staying mostly to the north of the direct NW ridgeline from the old townsite.

3)there was one 40 foot couloir/gap when the route encountered minor cliffs and that was also on the north side of the NW ridgeline--and we needed to vegetable belay this part to get down. This was the ONLY difficult part. Once past this part it was partially bushes, and then opened up to meadows.

4) the easiest route up and down is going through the basin and not the ridgeline