• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
KaskadskyjKozak

Climber Injured on the Kautz

having just been there this caught my eye:

linky

I'm wondering if this was just above the 2nd step? 11,300 is pretty close to the elevation of the ice chute.

The incident is also on Gauthier's climbing blog.

"He looks like he lost some teeth, possibly broke some ribs."

Ouch! I hate climbs that end up requiring dental work. Glad to hear he's OK other than that.

was up there last week and didnt see any above the 2nd step, then again it has been hot and it could have opened up by now.

was up there last week and didnt see any above the 2nd step, then again it has been hot and it could have opened up by now.

we stepped over a few last Sun. they were not opened up much.

my, what a difference a day makes...

You left work yet, 5K?

i went through there on Thursday, i see the freezing level is above 14,000 now. glad i got up and down last week

Squid required dental work after a climb? WTF was I that I missed that?

He took a fall leading at Smith with the rope in his mouth. Should have screamed instead of clamping down...

I caught a cam in the mouth after checking a questionable placement. Busted a tooth off. Not a great moment on lead but after some time to get it together, I sent it.

Edited by Crevasse