The Talon beta request

LUCKY

Anyone been up the Talon,in the Tieton river area lately? I am looking for beta, is it worth the long scree approach or is it a choss pile, it looks cool from a distance but I have heard scare stories years ago about choss rock and bad anchors, I was just wondering what it was like now that Joe and Stoney have put up a couple of routes on it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't done it, but have wanted to for a damn long time. Just can't get over the BS scree approach for a one pitch route or two. It would be a long day. I've thought about descending to it from Round Mtn instead of the hike up. Don't really know how'd that work out, though.

There was a young teacher named Eric Steinhilb in Crackima that did it with a friend named Brian a couple/three years ago (2005??). Said it was mank. He used to post here as Crackimaniac or some such. Haven't seen him here in a long time. I have contact deets if you want them; they're a few years old, so don't know how that'd work out fer ya.

Thanks for the link SOBO. It sounds like some of the stories I have heard, I would like some new first hand beta...maybe with some cleaning and new hardware the easy line could be made into a classic of an awesome looking spire...just a thought

I might give it a go sometime soon,I'll let you know how it goes.

That is if the stories of the scree and choss doesn't scare me off

Whoa!!!! the phone is ring'n....I never said anything about retro bolt'n anything...just some cleaning and new hardware to replace old

all I have heard is the Talon is choss and it used to be said that the rap anchors were cuting nails that you had to sling

Don't get your panties in a bunch...I think I will just bag on the whole Idea :rolleyes: