Ugly Ass Sports Cars

pink

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The current Corvette retains its relatively high fuel economy, in part by upshifting to higher gears as soon as possible and in part by its relatively low drag coefficient. Equipped with an automatic transmission, the Corvette achieves 18/26 mpg (city/highway), and the manual transmission is slightly better at 18/28. However, some prospective Corvette buyers are surprised to find that the Corvette's manual transmission is fitted with Computer Aided Gear Shifting (CAGS), obligating the driver to shift from 1st directly to 4th when operating at lower RPMs. While this boosts the EPA's derived fuel economy, thus allowing the buyer to avoid paying the "gas guzzler" tax, it is an open secret that more than a few sixth-generation Corvette owners with manual transmissions simply have a $20 aftermarket part (CAGS eliminator) fitted to their vehicle to re-enable a normal 1-2-3-4-5-6 sequence at any RPM.

hope i didn't offend anyone but what a gas guzzling eyesore.

So are you bitching 'cause it chugs gas or 'cause it is ugly? Check some of the hypermiling forums -- one guy claims he's getting 38 mpg out of his Corvette -- so it isn't the car, it's how you drive it.

Oh, also, if you really want an ugly 'vette:

63rear.jpg

So are you bitching 'cause it chugs gas or 'cause it is ugly? Check some of the hypermiling forums -- one guy claims he's getting 38 mpg out of his Corvette -- so it isn't the car, it's how you drive it.

63rear.jpg

This is a fucking gorgeous car! It is a 63, the only year Chevy made a split window. And this is the classic color, Chevy Orange. I would love to own this car!

63rear.jpg

that's a cool vette. the new new vettes are just frickin ugly.

This is a fucking gorgeous car! It is a 63, the only year Chevy made a split window. And this is the classic color, Chevy Orange. I would love to own this car!

Oh come on... that split window is an abomination... and that pointy snout with the popup headlights isn't doing it any favors.

I'd take this 'vette in a heartbeat, however... in the classic red/white color scheme preferably:

59bbside2.jpg

Edited by mkporwit

No, the c5 generation was a little dated looking. But no vette is ugly. They are the sexiest car any American company ever produced.

you own a vette don't you? my first troll and you fell for it :lmao: i may be an idiot but i don't need to own this hung of junk to feel good about myself.

Oh come on... that split window is an abomination... and that pointy snout with the popup headlights isn't doing it any favors.

I'd take this 'vette in a heartbeat, however... in the classic red/white color scheme preferably:

59bbside2.jpg

Any vette designed by Harley Earl is a classic, no matter what color it is. Beautiful.

No, the c5 generation was a little dated looking. But no vette is ugly. They are the sexiest car any American company ever produced.

you own a vette don't you? my first troll and you fell for it :lmao: i may be an idiot but i don't need to own this hung of junk to feel good about myself.

What you need is counselling. If anyone really believes that owning anything could possibly make them feel better about themselves then they are sick. And you, my boy, are sadly ill.

Has it occurred to you that people enjoy owning toys so they can play? Yup, I have a Vette. I love it-especially on the track. And before it, I loved my motorcycles. Loved racing those babies.

Feel better about myself? I don't know what the fuck you mean.

Enjoy life to its fullest? HELL YES!!!

image021.jpg

Hell yeah on the GT40 :tup:

Either the original or the recent re-relase... especially in the Gulf livery