and med-R~long sli-L

sli-R

50 sli-R over small

100 sli-R (piketekes)

50 R~HOOK-L

and R

150 sliL sli-R & HAIRPIN-R

… over FlyingFinish

Well living in Rwanda has been quite the adventure, now adding to the adventure list is rally car racing. Lucky for me my friends co-pilot is missing in action so I get to co-pilot. It should be fun. Only working a half day today so that we can finalize my race notes for Saturday's race. It is an uphill course and we will probably average around 70kph, I freaking can't wait!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, it was freaking awesome time even though we weren't able to finish the race. We seemed to be plagued with mechanical issues. The first race sprint that we were in we lost the exhaust, that was fun to deal with. Basically when we got to the top of the course we needed to remove the smoking hot pipe from the car and secure it in about 10 minutes for our start down. Leave the pipe get a penalty, get help from someone get a penalty, late for the start get a penalty, we managed ok, it was an easy enough task.

Our first time was 3:30 for 4km uphill course. Everytime we did the course we were knocking off a second or two. On our 5th sprint the clutch went, so we weren't able to go beyond second gear. We made it to the top in 4:40, our day was over.

Our fastest time was 3:25 which means we were averaged around 70kph. There was only a few straight stretchs where I could look over at the speedometer, at one point I saw it at around 120kph. Most of the time I did not have a chance to look at the road or the speedometer and had my eyes plastered to the race notes and went by feel where we were on the course.

It was freaking rad, now I need to figure out a way of affording a $20,000 race car and all the fees that go with rally racing. Now that I have my license for the season hopefully some of the other guys will need co-pilots.

Well here some pictures, obviously there are not many action shots cause I was busy most of the day.

Guy's car at the house

IMG_3201.JPG

Pulling in for pre-race inspection

IMG_3202.JPG

Drving the road section to the race course, even this is considered part of the race and you are alotted 25 minutes to make it to the start.

IMG_3212.JPG

Guy waiting for the start.

IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3215.JPG

On of the competitors at the start of the downhill sprint.

IMG_3218.JPG