Hogsback 1/13/08

jport

Left Wy'East lot at 8am...

Alpenglow.jpg

Skinned up the Palmer and took a break at the top of the chair...Breaktime.jpg

Continued up; under clear skies and slight breezes...One_Step_at_a_Time.jpg

Took off the skis on the east side of Crater Rock and kept going to the Hogsback...

Split1.jpg

Scoped out the climbing routes from there. Looks like the Hogsback's positioning is very similar to last years location...

De-skinning.jpg

We didn't bring pro. or ropes, so we decided not to tackle the steep, rime-covered slot that is the Pearly Gates or traverse the loaded slopes to the Old Chute.

Our group skied, boarded, telemarked, and side-slid (as I did) from the Hogsback. The snow was is wonderful condition and made for a very nice descent. Beautiful day and great company!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the old chute look!? Ive riden down it in June but id like to do it in winter for better snow conditions. beautiful pictures. I love to ride with skiers who dont have prejudices against snow boarders. If you guys would like an extra person along sometime Im down. I know the mountain intimately and have been to the top a handful of times with one snowboard descent last year from the top.

Id kind of like to do sunshine to the top and then down the south side and hitch back around. My names Jay Chute. Enjoy yourfuture adventures.