FS: Gore Tex Pro Shell jacket $150

Fromage

New Gore Tex Pro Shell jacket, size medium, color is orange body with tan shoulders. This is literally a Gore-Tex brand jacket and not made by/for the familiar companies we've come to know and love. It is seam taped, has a helmet compatible hood, two chest pockets, watertight main zip, all the usual bells and whistles you would expect from a $400 jacket. And it weighs about 12 oz. I've worn it on a couple trips and it works great, but the fit is too small for me.

If you don't care about the jacket missing a fancy logo, you could have yourself a good deal. Shop around and you'll see Pro Shell jackets range in price from $400 to $600. Send a PM if you are interested or have other questions. I don't have photos of this thing and I don't plan on taking any, so if this sounds like something you want I can show it to you in person.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO at the two comments above!

Fromage,

Is this one of those Emergency Rescue Jackets made by that Canadian company that makes unbranded work gear for outdoor based workers.I've seen a few on eBay recently.

They usually just say GoreTex on the sleeves, and have no tags and they tend to be 2 layers, with a rather cheaply treated DWR paper thin outer and baggy nylon inner and there are almost always off sized, so a medium fits like a small or something like that.

I work as an environmental engineer and alot of goverment offices tend to punish us with these types of gear, so I know alot about it. I learned they hard way, now I usually shake my head and wear my own gear in the field.

$150 can be a good deal. But you can buy name brand proshells on eBay for that much.

good luck.

Delmarco, your questions are good.

This jacket does not fit the description you give. It is the real deal Gore 3-layer Pro Shell fabric, same stuff you'll find on name brand jackets. The ripstop pattern of the face fabric most closely matches the fabric used by Mammut on their Motion Pro Shell jacket. Country of manufacture is China (also like the Mammut), and it was made specifically for Gore, whether as a demo model or prototype I don't know.

I'm not motivated enough at the moment to post photos of this thing because I'm not hard pressed to sell it in a hurry. Whether someone from CC buys it next week or I sell it elsewhere in February makes no difference to me, I just thought I would offer it here since there are probably some folks who would find this jacket fits their needs.

If you are curious about the quality of this jacket, I suggest you take a look in the archives and review the items I have sold on this forum over the years. A quick survey will show that when I have gear to sell, it's usually pretty good stuff in pretty good condition, and I always ask a fair price for it. If you are interested in my gear you'll take a look at the jacket, if you don't like my terms of doing business you can ignore this thread and turn your attention elsewhere. Or you can post smartass comments, that seems to be another popular option.

Maybe you can find name brand Pro Shell jackets on ebay. I personally don't like dealing with the rigamarole of that marketplace, and would rather make a transaction in person locally. That way the buyer can see what he/she is getting before handing money over, and there is no % going to ebay, paypal, UPS, etc.

Delmarco, your questions are good.

This jacket does not fit the description you give. It is the real deal Gore 3-layer Pro Shell fabric, same stuff you'll find on name brand jackets. The ripstop pattern of the face fabric most closely matches the fabric used by Mammut on their Motion Pro Shell jacket. Country of manufacture is China (also like the Mammut), and it was made specifically for Gore, whether as a demo model or prototype I don't know.

I'm not motivated enough at the moment to post photos of this thing because I'm not hard pressed to sell it in a hurry. Whether someone from CC buys it next week or I sell it elsewhere in February makes no difference to me, I just thought I would offer it here since there are probably some folks who would find this jacket fits their needs.

If you are curious about the quality of this jacket, I suggest you take a look in the archives and review the items I have sold on this forum over the years. A quick survey will show that when I have gear to sell, it's usually pretty good stuff in pretty good condition, and I always ask a fair price for it. If you are interested in my gear you'll take a look at the jacket, if you don't like my terms of doing business you can ignore this thread and turn your attention elsewhere. Or you can post smartass comments, that seems to be another popular option.

Maybe you can find name brand Pro Shell jackets on ebay. I personally don't like dealing with the rigamarole of that marketplace, and would rather make a transaction in person locally. That way the buyer can see what he/she is getting before handing money over, and there is no % going to ebay, paypal, UPS, etc.

where do you live?

Absolutly no smart ass comments intended or implied. I am a serious buyer with a need for several complete sets of gear. Financial consideration is not an issue. I have cash and am looking to purchase new or like new climbing and expediation gear from anyone whom I can help in some way that may need to sell or is at the very least motivated to sell otherwise it is surley simplier to simply buy new with all of the avantages of doing so.

Edited by ASmith

Eric, I live in Capitol Hill (Seattle). Please send a PM if you want to set up a time to check out the jacket. Your avatar shows your location is in Issaquah. If you don't get over to the west siyeeed much I'd be willing to meet you somewhere between Seattle and the Quah.

Hugh, I would say the fit is on the larger side of medium. It seems these days there is a fair bit of variance in the interpretation of sizing from one manufacturer to the next.

ASmith, thank you for your scintillating analysis of my post. The next time I need to pay $300 per hour for a pompous load of crap, I will be sure to look you up. Now that I think about it, if your time is that valuable why are you wasting it on a dialectical dissection of a boring "for sale" ad? For that kind of money I would have expected slightly better spelling. Your $150 is just as good as anyone else's, so if you are a serious buyer why don't you send me a PM and we can discuss options without shouting at each other in public.

Have a nice day.

• 4 weeks later...