ice in eastern wa

kevino

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin,

1. Drive out to the Umptanum and see if Umptanum Falls is in.

2. Then drive over to Cliffdell and head up Highway 410 to FR 19 and see if Horsetail Falls is in.

3. Drive further up 410 towards Chinook Pass and see if Union Creek Falls is in.

4. Then drive just a bit further up and hike up to Mesatchee Creek Falls and see if it is in.

5. On your way back home, head up Highway 12 towards White Pass until you get on the far side of the tunnel, then look to the east and see if Strobach is in (take a telescope/binocs to check it out from the road).

6. Drive almost all the way to White Pass and check out Clear Creek falls, just before Dog Lake, to see if it is in.

Then come back to this thread and post what you found. That should pretty much fill up your weekend.

Plus, it will save me the time of deciding where to go next w/e. :grin:

Happy New Year!

Funny...those were all on my list of things to do...

I went to Vantage today and played with the ice there. But I still got tomorrow and monday and tuesday and wednesday free. Sobo, you want to explore some areas or what? Since you seem to know all the locations.

Up for a climbing partner as well, I am in Ellensburg.

Incidently, the falls at Vantage are disappearing as we speak. The ice flows to the climbers right of sunshine wall still look like they might have potential (from the road).

Kevino, if you are serious about a partner, I would be happy to join you. I think I am going snowboarding tommorow, but what about Monday?

Justin