new liners for Invernos, or new Nuptses, for sz 13

elliottwill

Hello,

Here's a question for any big-footed cold weather climbers.

I have a pair of Invernos whose liners are seriously packed out (I bought the boots secondhand for $10). I'd like to put some new liners in, but I can't find replacements anywhere-- just expensive Intuition liners that people tell me don't last long. Because I have size 12-13 feet, the usual cheap sources don't help me.

I figure since I have so little invested in the boots to start with, if I'm going to spend $150, I might as well go all out and buy something like La Sportiva Nuptses. I'd be using the boots on moderate terrain in Alaska during the winter, and for multi-day backcountry ski boots-- so the flexable Nuptses seem perfect.

Unfortunately, people are telling me that the Nuptses are no longer made larger than size 47. I have wide, high volume feet, so I think they'll be too small. I don't have a local dealer, so I'd have to order online.

Does anyone have any advice on where to get liners or big boots?

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Intuition Denali liners for < $100 by calling around ski shops till I found one that had a pair my size laying around on a shelf.

I have also dug around in used ski/consignment shops for used Garmont Ski Boot liners - you can get them for around $15 or so if you're crafty. And because they're originally alpine boot liners they're not usually packed out much, and sometimes have never been heat molded because the original owner transfered their own liners, or immediately got Intuitions.