WTB: Reliable vehicle

chirp

After losing our 4runner to some bozo last spring I have tried to be a good bicycle commuter and walker, but with family issues, another car is going to be needed.

Looking to spend up to 3k (or so) and would like to find and older, but in good or great shape:

Subaru Wagon, SuV, or Conversion type van. (4WD is a plus)

Something for 2 people and 2 big dogs with the outdoors and gear in mind.

I looked at Craigslist, but feel better asking family or friends and even the helpful and sassy peeps here on CC.com about a known vehicle.

Any info or tips would be great. Thanks in advance!

I am in Tacoma

Dave

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a dark blue 1997 4WD Pathfinder that I am looking to sell. Appx 135k miles. It is in good, but not perfect shape and gets me everywhere I need to go. It has been great in snow and getting to trailheads. I have fit 4 people comfortably with full, weeklong filled packs and a dog on the big back cargo area. Tires are in good shape and have plenty of life. Just had the water pump replaced too, so that should be good for many more years to come. You are welcome to have it checked out before buying. I was looking to get closer to $4500, but let's talk.

Edited by Loren

Hey Loren! Thanks for the posting. I appreciate your offer up and info on the vehicle. We are aiming for the mid 2500.00 window at the moment and I think your vehicle is worth a bit more. I want you to get your value out of it so try to find other buyers.

I realize we might be looking to low for a price on something decent but were not in a super big hurry at the moment.

I hope you find a buyer as it sounds like a nice solid vehicle!

Cheers!

Dave

• 2 months later...