Bike are for wussies

octopuswithafez

I figured an injury probably had some play in his disappearance. Heck maybe the guy will live a full life instead of dying on the bike.

Does anyone know of any place I can rent a FR or AM bike in the Seattle area??? I would like to get out and ride when I am back.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I wish I had the time to go to either of those places, I got some climbing I gotta do when I am out there. I miss Whistler what an awesome place to ride. I have only ridden in Squamish once and I managed to scare myself pretty damn good on a double diamond. I thought just cause they had it listed in the tourist beaureu it would be easy, I was soo soo wrong.

I definitely would like to get out on some stuff. I have heard rumors and seen pictures of some great new (in the last two years) free ride shit that has been set up near Seattle. I'll keep you in mind when looking to get out.

Ken,

If you go to the transition bikes site @

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Video.cfm

And download this video:

Preston FR Test Ride (QuickTime Format)

Large 33 mb | Medium 7.7 mb

This trail is about 10 minutes from my house in the Middle Fork Valley.

Some Squamish Stoke:

http://broadbandsports.com/node/3362

Also, Bellingham has come on big time with a huge system of FR and DH trails.

Damn right those trails shown on Transition look real nice. I think these are the ones I that a friend was telling me about that are realativly new. Or at least I don't recognize them as trails that I know in that area. They definitely doable by a mere mortal as myself compared to the other other two videos on this thread. I definitely need to find a place to rent a AM or FR and do some riding.

Yeah I know Bellingham, there was a lot of new trails being built right before I left, just never made it up there. I didn't get in as much riding in the PNW as I would have like, mainly due to the fact I was going climbing all the time.