• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Thinker

What kind of biner is this?

pardon me if it's been discussed before.

Saw these on the infamous ViaFerrata photo posted ad naseum, and they piqued my interest.

3750-414ferrata2.jpg

414ferrata2.gif

3750-414ferrata2.jpg.2a4361fd5b217f29eab6a560ba573757.jpg

Edited by Thinker

Looks like a screwgate with a wire to keep it from "cross-loading".

Actually I guess an auto-locker would make more sense.

Edited by counterfeitfake

I was thinking the wire prevented the screw lock from turning unless the wire was pushed toward the bottom of the biner. Doesn't look like it would be much good at preventing crossloading.

Oh so we're gonna all stop talking out of our asses?

Here's some more info. Apparently it's a spring that moves that sleeve. So it's not exactly a locking 'biner, but it locks and you can open it quickly with one hand. Makes sense when you have to pass an anchor every ten feet.

This is cc.com. If our voices weren't half-muffled by the wrinkly balloon knot and half digested corn of our own asshole, no one would be able to understand us.

This is cc.com. If our voices weren't half-muffled by the wrinkly balloon knot and half digested corn of our own asshole, no one would be able to understand us.

That should be the banner of the website

Some of us more than others, but hey, if the corncob fits...

When you push a metaphor to the edge of a cliff, it may not push back the way a sheep will.

I don't think it matters if sheep push back. That's why their fur is really grippy.

Man when ever I see that second picture of that dude I can't help but think of the CHiPs picture with "You're a homo." on it.

I don't think it matters if sheep push back. That's why their fur is really grippy.

That might just be the funniest thing *ever* written on cc.com.