splitter cams again

erik

so i go tthe chance to take these things to zion with us.....

after intial inspection i put them in the pile of crap that seems to be useless......

we got down there and racked.....left them on the ground for the 1st route......smart move since we only needed BIG stuff....

next day i toyed with them again and we played with them with some friends whom were tearing up the zion scene.....out come they suck put them in pile of crap that stays on the ground.....

over all off the 30 or piches we climbed i think i say about one placement maybe two where the slpitter cam would work....but why use it when you got an alien or a stopper that places easier??? also had a splitter cam 4cu....hahahahaha what a joke....it had about as much range and ummmm how baout a beat piece of gear...

overall opinion on splitter cams...is lower then intial inspection......these things rate close to worthless......kinda a good idea, but over all they suck!!! i would never buy them or use them again. they are a pain in the ass the place and they dont even feel solid....

sorry boyz.....better keep your day jobz.......

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Went climbing a while back with a buddy who had one splitter cam. I tried it on a normal crack and did NOT like the looks of the placement. I put it back on the rack. Later on (on 300 Motivational Tapes) I found the perfect placement for it, an eye-shaped pocket where a normal cam would not fit because of its width.

This last weekend I got to use wired hexes. Hey! I sorta liked those wires. Made it much easier to place them one handed and in deeper cracks.

Need to buy more screamers for Steel Pulse.

A different view . . .

I've got one of the splitter cams, have taken it out for a single day of crag climbing, placed it a couple of times. It placed fine, I liked it. I did not wing on it.

Evaluation - Seems fine to me. I like the fact that they are light as hell. Their expansion range is not as good as aliens, etc.

Matt