Sweet Booty almost

Dru

A guy died that a friend coached the daughter of once at a swim meet or something. Anyways friend calls up and says "They are getting rid of his climbing gear do you want me to grab you some stuff?" "Yup".

So I drop by yesterday and get for $20, 4 BOXES OF PINS AND BOLTS!!! Yup I got about 60 pitons (KB to Bong sized) , 7 heads, 7 crack n ups, 4 rigid Friends, 3 biners, 2 hooks, 3 RURPS, about 50 3/8 inch bolts w/ hangers and about 200 1/4" bolts w/ hangers plus a hand drill and a dozen or so drill bits.

OOOH YEAH BABY!! grin.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0[laf]grin.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will name the first wall route I put up with the gear after him. I feel bad too but apparently guy lived a long and happy life.

Oh - I forgot to mention - I got a bunch of these Stubai limestone things too like a ground down square piton, where you drill a 1/4" hole and then hammer the pin into the hole for a "bolt placement" shocked.gif" border="0 I mean the eye is bigger than the "piton" part shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by willstrickland:
So Dru, since you're alpine climbing all the time, I guess you won't be needing those heavy LAs right? Wanna make some of your loot back?

The "memorial" route name is an excellent idea IMO.

I will sell you the two Universals for $20 each tongue.gif" border="0 I take LAs alpine climbing.

You ever run into old school angles that are flat on the front like a KB, and curve more radically towards the eye? cause now I got 15 of em.

also a bunch of ring-angles, ring-spikes, and those weird Euro micro-Kbs and RURP variants that are like a tiny KB but without the angle, the eye is flat in the plane of the blade.

im gonna have fun finding spots to place this stuff that is for sure.