Lightweight harness?

woodchips

For those of you using the Camp XLH 95, how are you securing the harness when tied into the middle of a rope?

That is, end of the rope is easy: just tie it through the two little loops at the wasit.

But middle of the rope (for glacier travel), previously I had been securing the two little loops with a small locking biner (as one poster noted previously, and how all the etailers suggest). But then I started reading Connally's book (yeah, perhaps a potential mistake there, as he goes off to tilting against the windmills of conventional wisdom), and he's very concerned about cross loading, and big fan of using a small sling to extend the harness's attachment point.

After some experimentation, I think a small girth-hitched (a term I hesitate to use after Connally's rant about it) loop to both secure the harness and extend the attachment point, in combination with a super small wire biner (or "too new for school" in Connally's view) would work well:

IMGP2313.JPG

more xlh 95 pics

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic