Thief Alert -Goldbar!!

tyree

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! I love it when something like that works to your benefit.

After the flood I called the Snohomish Cty Asessor and asked the to reassess the value of my place now that I have to ford a river to get to it. They halved my taxes. I even got a check in the mail yesterday for 71 whole dollars as a refund for the first quarter taxes this year! Paaaartaaaaay

Experiences may vary, but I asked around quite a bit before deciding not to file my claim and was surprised to discover that the trend seems to be that filing a non-catastrophic claim will put you on the shit list. BTW - The insurance co's are definitely sharing your claims history: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourHome/InsurersKeepASecretHistoryOfYourHome.aspx

"What happened to you Dick?"

"Well officer, some climber beat my ass for stealing his shit."

"Have any witnesses or evidence to this assault?"

"No." said Dick, "just this picket he shoved up my ass."

"I'll need you to fill out this report."

"But, officer! Aren't you gonna dust the picket for prints?"

Experiences may vary, but I asked around quite a bit before deciding not to file my claim and was surprised to discover that the trend seems to be that filing a non-catastrophic claim will put you on the shit list. BTW - The insurance co's are definitely sharing your claims history: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourHome/InsurersKeepASecretHistoryOfYourHome.aspx

:mad: This makes me sooo mad. This industry gets worse and worse every year. They are the Mafia of current times.

:mad: This makes me sooo mad. This industry gets worse and worse every year. They are the Mafia of current times.

The claim I filed on the bike did get shared with my insurance company when I purchased a home last year. I was able to get insurance, but lost the opportunity for the "no claims" discount for then next 18 months until the claim falls off my history. It was a difference of about $75 a year, so in the end I am still ahead since my bike was worth $2100.