Feedback on Arc'teryx Bora 80 backpacks

Bigtree

I found what I think is a good deal here on Vancouver Island for new Arc'teryx Bora 80 backpacks. The sale price is $299 Canuck bucks.

Does anyone have one and can offer their first hand opinions? Seems a little porky at just over 3 kg compared to my old Seratus, but then again its got some nice features.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a Bora 80 in september and it is hands down the most comfortable pack I have ever used. I guess you could say the pack is a little heavy, but it distributes weight so well I cant complain. 80 liters is huge, so I just ordered the Bora 50 for those times when 80 liters is too much and my 35L mammut isnt quite enough. I payed right around 300 USD, so i would say thats a good price. Also, look for closeouts, Arcteryx just redesigned the Bora line and I have seen quite a few on sale.

I picked up an older model a few years back (when it wasn't an older model) and I love it; no complaints. It is quite comfortable, and has plenty of good features. I'm pretty sold on Arc'teryx products now, and am looking at a smaller Naos for taking into the mountains on those wetter trips.

I've had a Bora 80 for about 6 years, and would also say that it is the most comfortable large pack that I have ever used. The only features I'm not crazy about (which add weight) are the side access zipper and the ability to wear the lid as a fanny pack. Otherwise, it's a relatively simple pack that carries a load well whether hiking or skiing.

Edited by PaulB

I found what I think is a good deal here on Vancouver Island for new Arc'teryx Bora 80 backpacks. The sale price is $299 Canuck bucks.

Does anyone have one and can offer their first hand opinions? Seems a little porky at just over 3 kg compared to my old Seratus, but then again its got some nice features.

Seriously the best BIG pack I've ever owned. Its so comfortable that even when weighted to the max you still feel nible and agile. I've used it in basically every condition possible, with zero complaints!

Go buy it.

Cheers.