Cheap Gear!

Pencil_Pusher

This may have been already stated a thousand times before, but here it is again:

MEC has awesome prices on gear if you go up to Vancouver, Canada. And you get the GST $ back at the border. Buy a cuban too.

Barrabes in Spain(Internet) has insanely killer deals on more gear than you can shake a stick at.

Rock Empire cams are dirt cheap, $27, and UIAA rated! Pro Mountain Sports in the U-district.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Halling - yer a man after my own heart! It wasn't so many years ago that I kept my rock rack updated by simply cruising the classic test pieces on Mondays. What with the shift to bolted routes, that's no longer a reliable source of booty...

and I've found over the years that if I can restrain myself for a year or so after some wonderproduct hits the market, that once the furor dies down, even the hot name-brand stuff can be had for less than half-retail if you're willing to do some research. "cheap" does not necessarily mean off-brand or poor quality...

that said, however, I think the best deal I ever got was the $4 baseball pants that I scored at a Seattle Goodwill Store back about 1985. They look goofier than hell, but after a couple of El Cap routes and several expeditions, not to mention years of cragging, I have come to the conclusion that they are inde-fucking-structible. best climbing pants I ever hope to own...

• 2 weeks later...