Need a new ride.......sugestions anybody

ken4ord

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I haven't ridden them, the new Rocky Slayer looks pretty nice and most likely can handle the drops. Also if you want to stick with SC, what about the Heckler. Just redone, again I think, and yet another "all-mountain" alternative. Dang that makes me want to get my bike out.

I have to older version of the XLT. I can't comment too much on the current design. I've had no bob problems at all. It actully climbs quite well. The only down side on mine was the 130mm travel fork is not adjustable. I found this a tad too much for XC. Were I to do it again I'd get an adjustable one. At 100mm of travel there is more weight on the front which is nice for going up hills.

As for Jamis, then just tend to be rally good deals. You tend to get higher grade component that for the equivelent Specialized, Santa Cruz etc. As for the weight its not too bad. Also, the bike feels lighter than similar ones I've tried.