• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Self_propelled

Looking for a good boot fitter

Martin at Sturtevants over in Bellevue is a fantastic boot-fitter...might be worth giving them a call and seeing if they'll work with tele boots, I've had them tweak alpine and AT boots before and they've done great work and not charged that much either.

I have not used him personally, but Jim Mates at Custom Boot Service comes extremely highly recommended. He is not likely to be as cheap as Sturdevants.

I second Jim. He took care of my heel issues for a very reasonable price and I know of several people that have had good results working with him. I've never thought of Sturdevants as the place for a bargain.

Anybody know any do-it-yourself-at-home boot customizing tricks for "heel issues"? I've been placing small foam squares in the heel area of my shells the last few times I've been out and it seems to work okay, not great. Any suggestions?

Similar issue w. climbing boots. Any places/names in Portland?

Either the Mountain Shop or Don Svela would probably be your best bet. Don't know what Don charges, but MtnShop is $40/hr for bootwork. Depends on what you need done. You can always bring them in and get an estimate.

I just had new Garmont AT boots fitted by Jeremy at The Mt Shop in PDX, for the money it was a deal. He definitely knows his shit and has great stories, too.