Leavenworth + Gold Bar Bouldering Guide

KellyS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a brass monument about 5 miles up fom the bottom of the Devil's gulch trail out of Cashmere that during the Washington centenial was marked as "pretty much" the center of the State. You can find it if you where to look and I bet the cords are listed somewhere.

Thanks for the positive replies guys and girls.

Yes, the name was a bit of a conundrum. I would have rather called the book something like "Stones of Wonder and Joy," but I decided to heed the google-search analogy of how people's brains pick up info. Central Washington Bouldering may be a bit imprecise, but consider the geography bent by the quality of the areas. Euclid is dead. It's like writing a guide to Hueco and calling it West Texas Bouldering. There are other areas, but these are the ones getting all the attention - the best.

Terry, thanks for posting the pics. You flatter me, as well as Brian Sweeney, an upcoming young photographer from Reno, NV. Both of those are actually in the guide. I visited North Bend for the first time recently, and was pretty impressed. I'll have to impose on you to give me a tour of the Black Forest sometime. I'm willing to sign a non-guidebook agreement if I have to.

Kelly

Edited by KellyS