Styrofoam snow

fear_and_greed

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was probably 4-6 ft at the bottom, 6-8 ft midway and higher.

If you're thinking about coming up, choose a few mid week days so the hut won't be overcrowded. When we arrived 6 pm on Friday there were already 11 vehicles parked at the winter route lot. We turned around and stayed at the hotel in Mt.Currie ( at the T-junction). Much better than 30+ people in the hut.

Thanks. In my view, the hut can be OK even when crowded, but if you are hoping to control your own bed time and avoid getting mixed up with other people who are likely to put your mittens or ski skins in THEIR pack or complain if you stay up too late or get up too early, I think you are right it is just as efficient to stay at the hotel.

It was up on Mt. Matier this weekend. My buddy practiced some self arrest since skiing on that angle of wind sculpted plastic would have been an invitation for disaster.
Probably as likely to break a leg with his crampons on and dragging his legs like that... or at least get flipped over and get in some real self arrest taining...