• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Mon_Col

Himalaya Mountaineering Institute experiences?

Does anyone have any experiences with the Himalaya Mountaineering Institute?

I've been able to find out some specific information online but it still isn't clear to me whether foreigners are allowed to take their mountaineering courses.

Also, any experiences or suggestions with the institute would be appreciated.

This website seems to indicate that foreigners are allowed to take their basic and advanced courses.

There appear to be some provisos (detailed on this page).

Thanks Rob for the link. The information is much clearer (although somewhat contradictory) to the websites I've seen so far.

I'm still interested in anyone's personal experiences with HMI or opinions of the other institutes in the area (NIM etc.)