• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
celticclimber

Want to put together an AT/randonee setup

I am an experienced backcountry skier, however my approaches are usually by snowshoe while carrying my heavy downhill gear. I would like to put together an AT/Randonee setup for a beginner-intermediate skier. I want some skis with alot of floatation, I am only about 160lbs and 5'8, but would want to be able to carry overnight gear for touring in deep snow.

If anyone has some used gear for sale, please pm me. I need to go as cheap as possible since tuition is not getting any cheaper.

Thanks

I have a pair of Tua Mito's Excalibur Plus AT skis with Diamir bindings (178 length) I want to sell off. Willing to let them go for a very reasonable price. I can email pics if you want to check them out. Your call.

for bindings, do a search for "fritschi" on ebay in the ski section. There's a liquidator who's selling older fritschi model "88" bindings for under $25.00. I bought two pair for my teenage sons last spring, and they work perfectly. mount the bindings on a secondhand gs or all-mountain ski, and you're set. The bindings will work with any boot with a heel & toe welt.