Anybody climbed this wall?

drater

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

never climbed on consistently "solid" conglomerate

Check the Manresa Grotto in Pend Oreille County. You can't remove a stone from the matrix. At least without using a sledge.

This stuff is not quite that bomber and it might be classified a volcanic instead of a conglomerate but holy shit, good rock. I just checked the bolders that were at the base of adjacent walls, didn't hike up to this one but they were quality to say the least. And off limits to the likes of everyone who's not me.

Thought some intrepid route developer might be interested in the big stuff tho.

near Chewleh? called boyscout rock. Crumbles in your hand is the word.

HWY 21, just outside of BFE.

Don't know what formation is boyscout rock outside of chewelah but that quartzite on the south side of Flowery Trail Pass is fricken bullet. Access seems sketch.

• 1 month later...
I thought it was called quartzite mountain. And that some people had tried to climb it but couldn't find anything solid

It is called quartzite mountain and if the boldering cave I found out back of town is reflective of the rock up higher, it should be very good. But I've heard the same as you and haven't ever stopped long enough to hike up there and see firsthand.