Chalk Balls

telemarker

Make sure Pope signs a waiver cause he'll be pulling that shitstone band right off! If he makes it thru that he can cruise up the "solid' pillar above (that I popped a nice little boulder off last year). It should take a few nuts, then maybe a cam or two on the traverse before the last 20 feet of unprotectable crux. Hmm maybe have him bring an ambulance as well smile.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Pope, I wasn't issuing a challenge or some such nonsense, just a friendly invite to come climbing. You live in Tacoma, right? That makes it relatively close to home for you.

Pete & Ted's can be started off to the right without the holds by climbing through some really rotten rock, but as I stated, the holds weren't put on to make it through a section that's too hard (like the holds at Dishman or on the Comp Wall at Castle Valley Ranch), just to make it more enjoyable to get to the good climbing. You're certainly welcome to try both starts, and based on your experience lobby for a change, but there are better routes to do for a first day at this place that also dry off earlier in the season.

I have no doubt you'd make it up the 5.10 bottom of the route, the crux at the top will offer some challenges though.