Regular Partner Wanted - Portland Rock Gym

Metulhed

Hey, how's everybody doing? I'm pretty new to climbing (Have about 5 months of indoor experience earlier this year), had to stop for a while because I lost my climbing partner (we broke up). I really want to get back into climbing, and I'm in the process of getting 8-12 friends of mine to take the Intro class at PRG.

Honestly, I don't know where my skills are at, I know that I could almost always get to the top of a 5.7, and 5.8's about 3/4 of the time. I haven't done any lead rope climbing or belaying, but I'm willing to learn the belaying part if that's what it will take to have a partner.

I would like to go 3-4 days a week (since the rainy season is coming, and since gym membership can be expensive). I can be there by 4pm any week day, and any time on the weekends. Oh yeah, except Wednesdays, because of a bowling league.

If you're interested, or know anyone that is interested, please hit me up sometime.

Chuck

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What have I put in here that's scaring everyone away?

My guess is that many people fancy themselves as "too good for 5.7". Bunch of freakin' climbing snobs. wink.gif

PRG is a little far from me, but if you ever have reason to make your way over to Club Sport, I'd probably be down for a session or two. I've been climbing longer than you, but not a lot harder so we'd probably be pretty compatible.

(Just read your signature...)

Oh yeah, we would DEFINITELY be compatible. bigdrink.gif

PM me sometime if you are interested in climbing at out the club.

My guess is that many people fancy themselves as "too good for 5.7". Bunch of freakin' climbing snobs. wink.gif

PRG is a little far from me, but if you ever have reason to make your way over to Club Sport, I'd probably be down for a session or two. I've been climbing longer than you, but not a lot harder so we'd probably be pretty compatible.

(Just read your signature...)

Oh yeah, we would DEFINITELY be compatible. bigdrink.gif

PM me sometime if you are interested in climbing at out the club.

Unfortunately, club sport is a ways for me too... I'm out in SE Portland.

But maybe we could meet up sometime just for a weekend climb or something. It'd be a pleasure to climb with a fellow service member (guessing from your quote, I'm a former service member).