cave on bachelor?

gapertimmy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim - I'm not really into caving, but have enjoyed studying Oregon geology and volcanology. I have a book on Oregon Caves and it lists quite a few, but none on Mt. Bachelor. This doesn't mean there are none, but if there is one, it's likely quite small, and probably on the SW flank of the peak somewhere, as this is more jagged, and not often visited.

If you're really into caving, there are some amazing geological wonders east of Bend that are well worth looking for.

Tim - I believe the the book snowleopard refered to is called Central Oregon Caves by Charlie & Jo Larson. The book gives good directions to the cave mouths and fair maps and profiles of the interiors. I have visited a few of the caves, but know of none on Bachelor. If lava tube caves interest you, you may try visiting Lava Beds National Monument in No. California. Winter is great here with very few visitors and some great ice formations in many of the caves.