Ankle/Foot Pain

I was leading a route at the exits about a month ago and took a short fall. My belayer did the right thing and pulled in real hard to keep me off the deck, but as a consequence, I slammed in the wall, flexing both of my feet back towards my shins. I lowered off, and we headed back to the car (actually limped).

The next day, my ankles were both very sore (especially the left ankle) and I had problems walking. Two days later a great deal of bruising appeared on my left ankle and a little on the right. The odd part was that as my feet healed, I found it very hard to point my toes. Over time I have managed to recover and I can point my toes again. However, I still have pain on the outside of my ankle and on the top of my foot.

Recently I stopped wearing flip flops and started wearing tennis shoes. My feet and ankles now hurt almost constantly. I am starting to think that something more severe is going on here. Any thoughts from the Med people out there?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you also got an inversion sprain too?

do the ol' PRICE and get it worked on after it's not too acute. if it still bugs you after you get it worked on, yeah, get an MRI.

the think with MRI results....they really are only going to help the surgeon know where to do the cutting. so unless you can't recover w/o surgery, why bother?