Constance via Tunnel Creek

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done it, but I share your curiousity. I do know from some brief research that the road doesn't go as far as my one-printing-older Olympics guide says, the last spur has been abandoned. It will be lonelier over on that side, and thats a big plus.

I climbed Constance from NORTH FORK Tunnel Creek back in 1987. (89?) It was about a 4 mile bushwack with a few stretches of Devils Club, but opened up nicely below the east face route. I dont know if this road is still driveable, but the climb was a fairly easy two day trip.

In Sept '90 I climbed Constance by the NE Buttress. Our approach started at the end or the North Fork Tunnel Creek road. It was rather a bushwack but back then it was flagged. One member of our party kept referring to the approach as the 'green hell of Tunnel Creek'. WE did a carryover and descended a scree choked gully on the SE side of the mountain. If you want any particulars of our route pm me; I kept a few notes.

[ 07-13-2002, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: tread tramp ]