middle fork snoqualmie road- just how bad is it?

pete_a

got plans to do a little traverse up in the alpine lakes wilderness next weekend....trip could either be done setting up a car shuttle along Hwy 2 or leaving one car up as far up the middle fork snoqualmie road as possible.

I've never driven up the middle fork and I've always heard horror stories (usually second hand) about how bad the road is.

Anyone been up there recently? How far can a Subaru wagon make it up there without bottoming out on some monster potholes?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Pete, i did a 9 day traverse through the area a few weeks ago and may have some info for you depending on where exactly you are headed. Best camps, etc. Send me an e-mail.

As for the road, I don't know. i will be heading up to Ivanhoe lake, so I'll be finding out how it is along with you. My brother has been up there before, and he said that it is slow going but doable.

Went up to do Overcoat in June in my brother's Subaru Outback wagon. No bottom-out's, but it takes a full hour to drive from Dingford to the Dutch Miller trailhead. (about 7mi ?) Longer coming back down. Note that this last portion of the road will be permanently closed by the USFS at the end of this summer.