creek crossing for silver star/big snagtooth?

b00

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Climbed to Burgundy Cul on 5/21/06. We found the creek to be very high and spent too long looking for a log to cross. Ended up hiking south along the creek for about 3/4 mile to find a solid log crossing -- there is a good log with good bark which you can walk across.

Our mistake was in not traversing back N. to the intersection with the good climbers trail that heads up towards the w. face of silver star. If Burgundy Col is your objective, you might want to take GPS coordinates for where that trail starts and just make sure you are on it. Its easy to get up into the wrong creak drainage and have to do some painful side hilling.

ian.

crossed early winter's creek and did big snagtooth 6-7-06. we looked for a place to ford in the morning on the way up, but water was way to fast - even more so when we came back. so, we crossed via a cheval on a sloping log. looking at it was very scary for me - tons of fast white water below. but, once i saw my buddies cross and i got going, it was not too bad.

here's a picture:

164653393_22de537c58_b.jpg